Born in Upper Austria, she is a creative universalist.
As an “architect of everyday life”, she looks at the world with a three-dimensional eye and wants to embellish it as a designer with a woman’s hand. Even as a child, she felt the urge to design “tangible things” from her inner impulses in the truest sense of the word. She learned to work with steel and wood from her grandfather at an early age. The solid grounded her. Objects that Petra Stelzmüller develops are therefore not only visually “beautiful”, but also maximally useful and give pleasure. Petra Stelzmüller dedicates herself to sociopolitical and women-related issues in public space.
biography and work Petra Stelzmüller
–GERMAN DESIGN AWARD WINNER 2024 architecture/ fair& exhibition”Undine kommt”
– BIG SEE Product Design Award 2023 Winner
– Light up backpack KIKKO
– Women’s art project “Undine kommt” with WIENER LINIEN in the Sigmund-Freud park, 1090
– GERMAN DESIGN AWARD SPECIAL MENTION!
– article about KARATEDO in the magazine LIKE IT
edition December 2021/ January 2022, page 39-41
– article about “IKEBANA” in the magazine LIKE IT
edition September/ Oktober 2021, page 37-41
– design shirt „YOU, VENUS with a mirror“
– design brooch atlantic puffin LUNDI
– competition SOUVENIR ERZBERG SYBOLD
– design bracelet “designsklave”, Designmonth GRAZ 2021 with Perlenreich
– exhibition with TALISMAN HUGIN MUNIN in the Kunsthistorischen Museum, Vienna Higher Powers- People, Gods and Elements of Nature
– teachers diploma Ikebana, Sogetsu School,
KOSHUN Yonkyu Shihan (4th grade teacher)
meaning of KO= light, SHUN = spring
– 2nd AUDIENCE AWARD ECHT GRAZ tote bag
– WINNER design of the trophy, social enterprises Vienna
– designravens HUGIN und MUNIN im Team 7 Flagshipstore/ Stubenring
– design Shirt VER SACRUM
– design kids/ adults cushion MOUPIN
– design TALISMAN HUGIN MUNIN
MEDICAL PRACTICE Folger/ Harringer in Wels, upper Austria
floor plan, design
concept reception table and room divider with fishes
colour- and light design
Corporate Identity etc.
– finalist competition Competition Stamp Austria
topic: Generational issues, print run 200.000
call for proposals: Austrian Post AG and daily newspaper „Die Presse“
design THE TOUCH 1/10 printed on 6.8.2017 in the newspaper „Die Sonntagspresse“
– participation Lifeball Next Generation
– finalist Competition RADO STAR PRIZE Austria, ZERO GRAVITY
published in: Vienna Design Week, RADO Star Prize: “Zero Gravity” 21.6.2017
– BAG CHARMS, Design SHIRTS, CLUTCHES/ TABLET-BAGS etc.
– contract work for the newspaper „die Presse“ stuffed animal for children: elepahnt ELEONORE
– exhibition Gartenfreuden
– Partner Webshop “die Presse”
Presse EDITION 06/2016, 11/2016 and 05/2017
some articles in the newspaper “die Presse”, magazine “Schaufenster” and
promotions adds for Christmas and Happy Easter etc.
– KOIBONORI (jap. carp), DESIGN CLUTCH etc.
foundation of my enterprise, office for interior design and architecture
examination for the master craftsman’s certificate (ZT-Prüfung), Vienna
2001 - 2011
project managment with Peretti & Peretti and Frank & Partner (residential and commercial construction)
technical assistant with Czernin and Neumann & Partner
(project studies, student hostels, residential and commercial construction)
1993 - 2000
university studies at the Technical University, Vienna
assistant for Prof. Richter, Hochbau II, TU Vienna
born in Vöcklabruck, Upper Austria